[arm-allstar] New Wx, minor enhancement

Barry Buelow iabarryyy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 15:46:40 EST 2017

Doug, I like the new wx announcement in saytime.pl

Today I was "lucky" to have rain, which was a condition of "Showers".
Unfortunately there is no showers.gsm file. So I copied rainy.gsm to
showers.gsm. Now I hear "rainy" when the condition is "showers".

cd /var/lib/asterisk/sounds         ; where sound files reside
cp rainy.gsm showers.gsm           ; copy file that says "rainy",
permissions are ok
updatedb                                        ; weather.sh uses the
cmd: locate which requires the file db update to work now
                                                         ; rather than
wait for an overnight job.

The weather service needs a rain scale of 0-255 rather than the
ambiguous: wet, showers, rainy, rain, whoa & Damn!

Barry w0iy