[arm-allstar] AutoSky, A Skywarn script for hamvoip

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 00:35:52 EST 2017

Tom,

 A couple of things. When you send it out over Echolink you really have no
idea where it is going or who is connected. People might be hearing it in a
different state or country! So if you do that you should probably modify
the main message to indicate the country and state. I actually edited the
main message to take off the original specific county.

AutoSky uses localplay via tailmessage to play the voice message. This
means it only goes out over the local RF channel. I believe if you used
playback rather than localplay in the say_wx_alert.sh script it would play
over Echolink but the problem is it would also play over any and all
connected Allstar nodes and this is not what you want to do at least not if
you have connections from outside of your area. So currently I see no way
to do it. Echolink is like a connected node and you can't isolate what goes
out over that verses what goes out over an Allstar node if they are
connected together.

While this probably would not make any sense from an operational standpoint
if you had Echolink linked to an Allstar node by itself not connected to
any other Allstar node and you sent a global (playback vs localplay) voice
message over it you would probably hear the message on all the connected
Echolink nodes. I have not tried this so you would have to test.

So the bottom line is there is probably no way to do exactly what you want
to do.

You need to get your Echolink users on Allstar!