[arm-allstar] any sneaky ways to set idrecording

Lowell lowell.brunson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 01:19:05 EST 2017

I'll try to explain it from a users perspective.

Let's suppose I have a soft phone that call call asterisk.  Also, I
have a multi-mode remote base radio ( Icom ic706 MKIIG ).

I use the soft phone to  "call" my allstar remote base node.  It
answers. I hear people talking on the radio.  I want to know what
frequency the radio is on.  So, I issue *651 because that is the
autopatch command is that launches my script.  It launches  the script
which calls hamlib's rigctl ( rigctl -m2 f ) which returns a string of
numbers.  Next, the script creates an audio file containing the spoken
frequency.

 So far, so good.  Now, I want allstar to tell me over the soft-phone
what the frequency is.  If I use rpt localplay I hear it over the
phone all right but the guys on the node's remote base radio frequency
also hear it because the remote base radio goes into transmit during
local play.

I happened to notice that the ID does not transmit over the remote
base radio but I do hear it over the phone.  So, the idea is to swap
the ID audio file to the spoken frequency file, trigger the ID (
status command 11 ), wait for that to finish saying the frequency,
and then swap the ID audio file back to what it is intended to be (my
call) so the next time the ID timer times out, I hear the proper ID.

Eventually, I want to also have a full duplex UHF control link that
works like the phone.

I will be using this on SSB as well as on FM.  There is no working
squelch on SSB so I have to have a full duplex link because I might
need to send commands while the remote base radio is still talking to
me.

Does this make sense now?

Lowell