[arm-allstar] Moving an Allstar node

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 08:17:02 EST 2017

As Stan said just the IP if you set it up static in Allstar and port
forwarding in the router at the new location. It will not find the network
if it is different than your current location so you will need to determine
the network mapping in your new location - say old 192.168.1.x, new
10.0.1.x, etc.

If you used DHCP (the default) at setup just move it anywhere boot up and
go into the router, make it a reserved static IP and port forward using
that IP address.

So you can see why DHCP would certainly be preferred if you are moving
around! For outgoing just move it and boot up and it will work.