[arm-allstar] Interfacing with Icom UR8050

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Sep 26 09:40:12 EST 2016

Hi Steve,

Setting linktolink=yes and duplex=0 is the config typically for a simplex
link radio, not a full-duplex repeater....So, I don't think that config is
exactly what's needed, in this situation.

If the repeater hardware itself is internally coupling the receive audio
back to the transmitter, the mode duplex=3 will probably get the desired
results. This setting is in the node stanza in rpt.conf, of course.

Here is a web page showing the various duplex settings:

http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/84

If the transmitted and or received audio sound muffled, that can also be
caused by improper deemphasis or preemphasis settings in the
simpleusb.conf file---for example: if the repeater is setup for "flat"
audio input and output, then both deemphasis=yes and preemphasis=yes need
to be set in the simpleusb.conf.

73, David KB4FXC