[arm-allstar] Need some troubleshooting help with Allstar/RPi2/888 w/ FOB

Jason Frisbee km6gna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 00:30:50 EST 2016

Dad got to talking with a gent about the issue while I was at work, and we
went over the 888 again, to test it out (hadn't had audio from it since the
initial setup). After settings squelch to 0, and turning on the voice, we
confirmed the radio worked, and dad/I am able to work the 888 with our HTs.

With that working correctly, we booted back up and tried commands via
lsnodes - no change. Asterisk was showing rpt/connection_failed when trying
the WIN System hub.

As a "what if", I flipped invertptt to 0, rebooted, and dad could hear the
messages from dadhi - IP call out, etc. I then joined up with the WIN
System hub, and we both got audio on our HT's from the node. Dad tried to
reply, but no audio was sent to to the system (the 888 indicated it
received the audio though).

I got your email by this time, so I tried setting carrierfrom to usb, and
then we lost audio in both direction, and I found I could only hear the
node info messages when I held down the PTT button on the 888.

Tomorrow I'm going to set carrierfrom back to usbinvert, and try moving the
Pi/radio to another location - in the house, when the node is up and we get
audio to our HTs, the local repeater for WIN System (Loma Prieta) gets
overrun with RF. I also started getting issues with wifi, so there
definitely is an issue with where the radio is at.

Dad and I really appreciate all the help - I've been bashing my head on
this for about a month, and was getting really frustrated.

Jason