[arm-allstar] Beofeng 888s/RPI3/DMK URi setup

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 22:09:22 EST 2016

Nate,

  Congratulations on getting your setup to this point. I think you are
almost there.

You need to login to your Allstar and at the Linux prompt run -

simpleusb-tune-menu

select item 2 - rx audio. This is the audio your node radio hears when you
key your HT.

Keyup and talk. It should peak to 5-6Khz on the display. If not then you
need to raise the value. The think I am concerned about is that it seems
very low and that should not be with default settings.

Do you have the dummy plug installed in the 888 to cutoff the mic?

Also in /etc/asterisk/simpleusb.conf the rxboost should be =1  It is by
default but check it.

Perhaps the resistor you used in the rx audio line from the 888 is too high
a value. This is the line that connects to the high side of the volume pot
inside.

Let me know if any of that helps and we can go from there.