[arm-allstar] New USB sound interfaces

Scott Zimmerman n3xcc at zewireless.com
Tue May 17 20:56:53 EST 2016

 > There may be a production of a much cheaper URI type interface...
How right you are Doug. Repeater builder is proud to announce our new line of RIM-Lite products:

RIM-Lite: $50
This is a streamlined version for folks that don't require all of the features that the "full-blown"
RIM has to offer.

* Instead of two channels of low-pass filtering, the RIM lite only has one. Typically only one
channel of filtering is needed since there is only ONE modulator in a given radio.
* The charge pump and additional amplification stages have been removed to reduce cost. This module
still makes over 1Vp-p of audio for driving modulator circuitry.
* The buffering of the COS and CTCSS inputs has been reduced to a simple diode. Again reducing
circuitry that is not often used.
* The DB-25 connector has been replaced with a DE-9. This simplifies connectons and reduces product
size. However, This means that the additional I/O pins are not brought to the outside world.

RIM-SCOM 7330: $50
This version is customized to be plug-and-play with the SCOM 7330 repeater controller. Simply plug
the module onto an unused controller port, configure the controller and AllSatar config files, and
you are ready to explore the world of AllStar linking.

RIM-Maxtrac: $50
This version is customized to be plug-and-play with the Motorola Maxtrac/Radius/GM300/CM200 series
of under dash mobile radios. This module will work with any of the Motorola radios with the
16/20dual row option connector. Simply plug the module onto the radio, connect to a PC running
AllStar and you're up and running. Radio channel steering is also implemented for those radios that
are capable of it through their option connector.

RIM-Maxtrac-RM: $60
This is a version similar to the Rim-Maxtrac. The RM stands for Repeater Maker. The RM adds a second
16 pin module to connect to a second receive only radio. This allows for one radio to be the
receiver and the other to be the transmitter in a repeater type setup. The RM version does NOT
support channel steering.

More on these products (Including schematics) can be found here:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/products/usb-rim-lite.html

These products will also be on sale while supplies last at our booth in the fleamarket area of the
Dayton Hamvention. End of row - Spaces 2370/2570. Come check them out and say "HI."

Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC
474 Barnett Road
Boswell, PA 15531

On 5/5/2016 1:45 PM, Doug Crompton via arm-allstar wrote:
> Dave,
>
>   We are working on this problem in a number of ways and hopefully soon will have some answers.
  also we are working on a USB to