[arm-allstar] Modified fobs

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu May 12 00:07:22 EST 2016

Robert,

   I have used a large piece of heat shrink without actually shrinking it. You would need to be careful about applying too much heat as most of those boards are not made very well.

If you use the method of not putting any components on the FOB but instead at the connector end and just connecting wires as shown in the simple howto it might be easier to put the case back on.

Of course in some situations you might not even need a case. You can cut a USB cable and solder to the existing connector on the FOB and place the FOB in any kind of small case with USB and audio cables exiting. This is somewhat how I did it in the "radioless" node on the hamvoip web page. Having the FOB not plug directly into the Pi would also avoid crowding at the Pi USB connectors.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio