[arm-allstar] Node Radio Stops TX During QSO

AD2DX ad2dx at ad2dx.us
Tue Mar 29 14:27:12 EST 2016

Folks,
I wonder if anyone has ever run into this. Here’s the scenario:
1. QSO going on while my node is connected to 27225.
2. My node radio (TYT TH-9000D) transmits until the transmitting station unkeys.
3. I hear that station unkey. So far so good.
4. Another station replies, and my node radio transmits like it should. This can go on and on for a while without problems, then…
5. Station “A” stops transmitting, so my node radio stops transmitting like it should, then I hear a zzip sound out of the radio (FT-857D) that I use to talk to the node radio.
6. Station B is transmitting, and the red LED on the URI is lit, but I hear nothing on my FT-857D. The TYT is not transmitting.
7. Station B unkeys, and the red URI LED goes out, then when station A keys up, the URI red LED lights, and the node radio is again transmitting.

Same thing happened when I was using the BF-888S as a node radio. I thought it might be something with the BF-888S, but the TYT is doing the same thing. I might swap out the BBB for a Pi2 to see what that does. If no change, then maybe its time to build a USB FOB. I might have to take the shell off the DB25 and monitor the voltage on the PTT line to see if it pulls down while the node radio is supposed to be TX. If its not pulling down, maybe I have a bad URI.

73,
Joe - AD2DX

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication and any copies immediately. Thank you.