[arm-allstar] Voice ID on the Raspberry Pi

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Jun 10 08:20:15 EST 2016

Bill,

I'm not sure what's wrong, besides perhaps the sampling rate---AllStar and
asterisk for this project -strictly- use an 8KHz sampling rate for
announcement files, etc...If you use a different rate, you'll have wacky
sounding audio, just as you describe.

You are correct that you can find ancient documentation out there, much of
it 5+ years old. But, you have to remember that the audio-related
techniques used haven't changed in 10+ years!  So, in general,
documentation about audio methods won't be a concern.

What documentation did you try to follow?

73, David KB4FXC