[arm-allstar] Watchdog if asterisk crashes.

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Jul 13 17:01:15 EST 2016

Hi Lito,

That script won't work properly unless a node is registered via IAX2, and
most of my nodes are private, never initiating any registration.

As an example, here is the output from a properly functional,
non-registered node:

alarmpi*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                  dnsmgr  Username    Perceived             Refresh  State

....No output at all...This would continually cause node restarts!

Anyhow, I have found some subtle conditions where app_rpt gets stuck in a
loop, trying to connect to a node, when the node is rejecting
authentication.  When this occurs, app_rpt goes unresponsive. This may be
what you're experiencing. There will be a patch for this issue in an
upcoming beta release, once I'm satisfied with my solution.

73, David KB4FXC

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016, Roselito de los Reyes via arm-allstar wrote:

> I have a hub that crashes for some reason. I think it happens when a
lot of nodes connect to it?? It usually happens at night.After looking at
different watchdog implementations, this is something I came up with
after reading Justin Campbells original code. I am submitting this just
in case Hamvoip does not have one yet.