[arm-allstar] Control issues

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Jan 3 16:37:03 EST 2016

Jeff,

 I am assuming this is a new node and not one that worked OK before?

Go into the Asterisk client from the Linux prompt -

asterisk -rvvv

You will then get the Asterisk client prompt.

Make sure you are not connected anywhere so you don't bother anyone. Then key your radio and hit the DTMF keys 0-9 and * and see that they display correctly in the log on the screen.

type 'exit' to leave the client.

If they look good then try to connect somewhere that is connectable and watch what is displayed on the screen.
If not you may have you audio level and/or de-emphasis set incorrectly. First check t he levels. Then try changing deemphasis to the opposite it is. The default is off - commented out with a ;   If you want to turn it on take out the ; and make it =yes  This is in /etc/asterisk/simpleusb.conf  You must restart Asterisk when you do this.  astres.sh   Then recheck levels and finally check the DTMF in the client again.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio