[arm-allstar] Phone Patch Caller ID

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Feb 22 14:16:17 EST 2016

Ron,

When you say PSTN you mean your provider? Usually originating (outgoing) caller ID is set at your provider and you cannot push a different caller ID to them. If anyone could do that they could spoof caller ID very easily. You can set caller ID in Asterisk but it would be meaningless if the provider did not accept it. So it would be no different if you made a call over PSTN from a local phone or via Allstar, it would show the origination caller ID as you phone number and Name ID if setup by your provider.

If I am reading this right you are connecting via Allstar to you Asterisk PBX server and then dialing out over PSTN?

On the other hand if it is local phones you are calling then caller ID could be set and should display.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio