[arm-allstar] Hamvoip V1.5 release

R. Wayne allstar at controlservers.net
Tue Dec 20 03:50:55 EST 2016

Doug,

I respect your position (or lack of releasing in detail) your opinions on
the various RF modes. It can be a political nightmare as well As a
programmer of more than 35 years I appreciate the grand scale of your
efforts!

I absolutely agree that the various modes are not in standing with the
commercial world to some extent. I won't mention specific modes. We want our
multi-site system to go to DMR but it has small acceptance although much
better audio. Allstar still has the best. I've done a lot of online audio
streaming using applications written for that expressed purpose and
appreciate that Allstar was written to interface to the hardware and thus,
superior audio.

We too want to upgrade an old Dell GX520 running Allstar/IRLP/EchoLink. The
OS is outdated and in my opinion as a System Administrator, unsecure. We sit
behind a hardware firewall but with all of the crap that can crash our web
servers we wonder about any RF mode. I won't ask you to address specific
remodeling of security measures so as not to give would-be hackers a head
start.

YOU and the team are appreciated!