[arm-allstar] back to being a an AllStar newbie

John Baxter jwilliambaxter at me.com
Wed Dec 7 08:08:24 EST 2016

Hello,

Got sidetracked on some personal and work-related needs, but finally collecting the last few parts to build a cable for an AllStar node.

Was happy to find that Yaesu brought the COS signal (as well as PTT) out to the mic connector on the FT4700-RH, so don’t even need to take the radio apart.  Have a couple 16GB micro-SD cards coming for the software for the rPi 3, and connectors to use to build the cable.

Unfortunately I had to miss Doug’s presentation but his website is great and so I have a nice Christmas project…

Next year possibly take the plunge and upgrade my mobile rig to dual-band - it seems that most AllStar activity is on the 440 MHz band around here (Glenside, PA).

I find the audio quality amazing from faraway places!!!  SO looking forward to this adventure.

73!
-john

John William Baxter
jwilliambaxter at me.com <mailto:jwilliambaxter at me.com>
215-460-9128			iPhone/text/FaceTime
215-572-0471			landline
lydiasaudioguy			Skype
N3FPZ					amateur radio callsign
LydiaFerrell.com <http://lydiaferrell.com/>		Lydia Ferrell’s music

  Psalms 19:1 “the heavens declare the glory of God”