[arm-allstar] Why Arduino?

Thor Wiegman n7jct at aplaceonthe.net
Tue Dec 6 10:17:21 EST 2016

The Arduino thing sounds cool but it leaves me with a question:  Why use
an external microcontroller for this instead of the Raspberry Pi's GPIO?

I've been hacking and slashing on the simpleusb channel driver (I'm not
a programmer, what I'm doing is ugly) and had planned just to use the
GPIO pins for COR and PTT.  But the Arduino project makes me wonder if
I'm missing something.  If its not possible, or not advisable, to use
GPIO for this then I'm going to waste a lot of time and feel really
stupid.  Again, I'm not a programmer so I'm sure there's something I'm
not understanding.

Thanks
Thor