[arm-allstar] CW timing question

Mike - W5JR w5jr.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 11:37:43 EST 2016

Yep, ID max 20 wpm in the US for amateur use, 25 wpm for commercial Land Mobile.

Likewise, I've not looked closer to see why upping the limit improves the granularity for 16-20 wpm Morse.

I have several Morse status messages which of course are not restricted to the 20 wpm ID rule. On HUB and other non-RF nodes, I've used unique Morse strings in beacon mode to remind me which site my PC IAX client is connected to.

To reiterate, yes, maximum US amateur ID Morse speed is 20 wpm.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA