[arm-allstar] RPi2-3 V1.02beta - Initial Setup - CRDA Error

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Apr 21 15:40:31 EST 2016

John,

 What are you using to get wifi running - this was my message to the list. You need to get this package.
A Hamvoip package for utilizing wireless on the RPi3 is now available. This package ONLY
 works on the RPi3 and with the current RPi2-3 1.02beta download on the
hamvoip.org website. So far tests show that wireless on the Pi3 works
very well and has good range. The recommendation at this point is to get
 an RPi3 if you want to use wireless or use the IOgear or equivalent
adapter as describe in the wireless howto on the Pi2 or BBB. The
wireless howto will be updated soon to include the RPi3. For now all the
 instructions you need are below....

If you would like to try wireless on the RPi3 download this package to your RPi3

Web download -

https://hamvoip.org/downloads/hamvoip-wireless-config-0.1-6.pkg.tar.xz

Or on your Pi3 go to the the root directory

cd

then

wget https://hamvoip.org/downloads/hamvoip-wireless-config-0.1-6.pkg.tar.xz

Then install the package with the following command

pacman -U --force hamvoip-wireless-config-0.1.6.pkg.tar.xz"
when done, execute:
wireless-setup.sh
Select
 your wireless access point and give the passphrase. It will then give
you further instructions and ask you to disconnect the wired connection.
 When the system is rebooted it will be using the wireless connection.

Note
 that the wireless connection will be a new local IP address. You should
 hear this in your radio if you had everything setup in the wired mode
previously. You could also get this IP address from your router or by
reading the CW from the LED on the board.

While port forwarding
is not necessary especially in mobile nodes if you don't have it enabled
 you will only be able to connect outbound. To setup port forwarding
first make the assigned wireless IP address permanent in your router.
Every router does this differently but most all have the capability
based on the Pi boards MAC address to come up on the same IP every time
it is booted. Once you have that setup if you desire port forwarding you
 can set that up pointing to the permanently assigned wireless IP
address.

There is a "wireless-control.sh" script to enable and disable the wifi interface as well as showing status.
Example screen for selecting wireless access point -

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio