[arm-allstar] Trouble Registering New Node

Dan Ozment dan at ozment.net
Tue Apr 19 20:32:47 EST 2016

I was able to get my first Allstar node up and running on a Pi2 with a
little help from Doug Crompton (thanks again, Doug).   I'm still  trying to
get that node connected to one of our repeaters.   In the meantime I'm
trying to bring up an identical node on another Pi2.  The goal is to have a
portable node that can connect back to the repeater node.

But, for the life of me I can't get the thing to register.

raspi-allstar2*CLI> iax2 show registry

Host                  dnsmgr  Username    Perceived             Refresh
State

0.0.0.0:4569          Y       {my2ndNode}       <Unregistered>
60  Unregistered

I've tried both nodes on the same and completely different networks.  I
currently have both on the same network but the second node is listening on
port 4568.   I have UDP/4568 forwarded to the second Pi.

Can't imagine what I've missed.  One of those situations where I've spent
hours digging through it trying to get it going.  I think I've reloaded the
image on the microSD card two or three times even just to be sure I'm
resetting it back to the default new condition.

What do you do when it won't register?