[arm-allstar] Anyone running RTCM?

Chuck bbb at nbcog.com
Thu Sep 10 18:40:57 EST 2015

The  delay necessary depends on the network delay of the worst site.  No
audio is lost during the delay as it is in a buffer.
If all sites are connected via point to point wireless data 5.6Ghz, then
the network delays are minimal and the overall delay may only be a couple
hundred milliseconds at most, but if you try using the Internet to
interconnect sites then variable Internet delay could require several
hundreds of milliseconds overall delay.  On my system using good quality
Internet connections we usually only hear one syllable of our own
transmission on unkey, if we talk up to the unkey.  But if you stop talking
0.2 seconds before unkeying then you don't hear yourself.  When we were
using the 5.6 Ghz point to point links it was less then a syllable that
could be heard. (lightning took out the 5.6Ghz system so we fell back on
our backup Internet connectivity)
The voting is flawless if the RTCM's are properly connected to the
discriminator of the radios, and the setup instructions are followed.
There is alternate code available to eliminate squelch closing noise if you
don't like the default.
Chuck WB9UUS