[arm-allstar] Node connect announcement

wb3awj at comcast.net wb3awj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 08:27:48 EST 2015

Put a play command in extensions.conf just before the line that dials the node extension. Follow with a wait command.

I do this on a couple of nodes.

Don't have the files with me right now.

I'll try to grab an example for you later today.

Robert A. Poff

Loganville, Pa

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:44 PM -0800, "Doug Crompton" <doug at crompton.com> wrote:

While this could be done with a script it would not be a good idea. Allstar only has the ability to send local voice messages or global voice messages. There is no way to send a voice message to a specific node. So the only way to originate that from your node would be to send a global voice message and that would go out to all connected nodes not just the one that had just connected.

Custom connect messages are stored in the var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames at each server. The rc.updatenodes script in addition to registering your node periodically also downloads the custom files. Unfortunately I think the upload mechanism has been broken for awhile. If it worked you could upload a custom voice file that each node would then download and if that node connected to you they would hear the custom connect message.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio