[arm-allstar] crontab editing on BBB asterisk v1.2.1

Fred Moore fred at fmeco.com
Mon May 18 08:24:11 EST 2015

"export" will only carry the shell variable till the next time the shell
is restarted, or the system rebooted, to make it permanent, it needs to
be placed in your profile (you only) or the system profile if you want
it to apply to all users.

Not knowing what shell you are using.. something like

echo "export EDITOR=nano" >> ~/.bashrc

will make it permanent.  The name of your profile file will change
depending on what shell you are using.. .  Run a "ls -a" so you can see
what hidden file you have in your home directory..  Fred