[arm-allstar] Is CTCSS enable/disable possible using dtmf?

LaRoy McCann lmccann at dtisp.com
Fri May 15 10:10:30 EST 2015

I posted this to the app_rpt list but got no response so I am posting here.

First, I am using RPI2 for the controller but I think this is more a
generic question than a specific RPI2 question.

I can set "ctcssfrom=usb" in simpleusb.conf and then I have to use tone
to make the controller receive commands or key the repeater.
After changing simpleusb.conf I issued the command 'asterisk -rx "rpt
reload"'.  This would not make ctcss be required to key the repeater.
I had to 'astres.sh' before it would require tone to key the repeater.
Not sure if the 'asterisk -rx "rpt reload"' should have worked or there
is a bug somewhere?
Doing this shows that the CTCSS input does work.

What I am actually trying to be able to do is to enable/disable Rx CTCSS
from dtmf commands.

I have configured a function for the cop=56(Rx CTCSS enable) and
cop=57(Rx CTCSS disable) commands.
When I enter the dtmf for the cop=56 function the controller talks back
"rx pl ena", so I know the function is working.  But I can still access
the repeater without a CTCSS tone.

Are cop=56 and cop=57 commands supposed to work when using simpleusb.conf?

I have searched and can not find any reference to using these commands.

LaRoy McCann, K5TW

---