[arm-allstar] Security

Christopher Kovacs w0anm73 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:04:16 EST 2015

I have used both a unique port and sshguard which is somewhat like
fail2ban. If you don't, the attacker will try and try.    Having  a port
open on 22 is an open invitation to try attacking that port.  I use a
strange random port number  which hopefully will be missed by some of the
port scanners.

73,

Chris, w0anm

At my home I have a RPI2 and BBB. The  only ports I have open is ports for
allstar  access and ssh access. I am using 222 and 22.

I have my own passwords, but I've  been reading  either use a non standard
port with fail2ban for ssh or use keys.

What does the group  recommend?

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor