[arm-allstar] has anybody bridged dstar to allstar and how?

R. Wayne allstar at controlservers.net
Mon May 4 23:20:30 EST 2015

This is going off topic... the packaged D-STAR repeaters are terrible and have a 1uV receive sensitivity. Only by adding a preamp can one improve. But they also have poor adjacent channel selectivity. Adding a preamp only adds to a problem. With this aside:

We need a quick and easy bridge to D-STAR. We had a user one night hold his microphone up to his D-STAR rig and went back and forth linking it over our 2m repeater. It was a hit on both sides! Our users loved talking with New Zealand and vice versa.

I need a bridge to IRLP. Are there instructions anywhere? I realize that Mr. Cameron is opposed to this but well... unlike his begging for donations to pay for his massive web hosting services that are nothing more than a single dedicated server we are happy to put our own dedicated server online in our own data center. But I need to know how to create the bridge.

Lastly, I’d like a bridge to HF. We would replace the RF squelch circuit on the HF rig with a MICOR-like hysteresis type. But users have expressed a desire to have a periodic net.

Are these possible bridges?

R. Wayne