[arm-allstar] FT-2900R COS Signal

Joe joe at ad2dx.us
Sat Mar 28 00:07:10 EST 2015

Thanks Doug. I guess I need to understand COS a bit more. It appears that COS is a digital low or high (0V or +5V). I did find AF mute on a 16 pin DIP at pin12, so I guess I need to probe it with my logic probe while listening to squelch open and closed on a received signal.

I don't have a scope but I think my logic probe will give me enough info. I wonder if I have to buffer that signal if I try to use it as a COS line for the URI, if the URI loads that signal down too much, or if I can just take the signal right off that pin. I suspect no buffer would be needed.

Time to look at the URI schematic too...

Thanks.

Joe Lauricella, AD2DX
joe at AD2DX dot US
609-737-7064