[arm-allstar] Allstar running on the Raspberry PI2

(KP4TR)Ramon Gonzalez kp4tr.ramon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:57:09 EST 2015

Hello,

I thought Id see my own email post, so I thought email never arrived? oh
well!

My config files are from my BBB node I already had setup. But the
initial install was from a github project by VK2ACP at
https://github.com/anthcp/dahdi-linux-allstar-pi. But his project was
for the older PI, and didn't work out of the box. My biggest headache
was getting DAHDI to work, but I did learn alot from the excercise. Some
tweaking and downloading additional packages, and it built and
installed, but asterisk/app_rpt didn't work.

I did get the latest source from app_rpt and the kernel source for the
linux distro I have for archlinux for the PI2. After many builds and
testing, dahdi finally worked and asterisk/app_rpt worked. I just used
my existing conf files. I did have to tweak iax.conf because remote
nodes would complain about ilbc codec. I commented it out and now works
fine.

I am about to do it all over again on a clean sd card, but documenting
each step. And using all the dahdi sources, asterisk/app_rpt sources.