[arm-allstar] remote base node functioning question--real hamlib example

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Jun 24 14:37:25 EST 2015

Yes exactly and this is our goal in the future to move more stuff out of app_rpt which could run much more efficiently stand-alone. App_rpt is a kluge of code which is hard to analyze and troubleshoot and far less efficient than it could be without all the bloat. When Allstar was written some of this standalone SW was not available or not there yet. Now that it is there is no reason not to use it. Everything does not have to be built in to app_rpt. Doing things in Linux scripts is a great way to do it. Select your language, bash, perl, php, python, etc.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio