[arm-allstar] using BBB GPIO running asterisk v1.2.1

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jun 9 12:24:07 EST 2015

Neil,

 As Dave mentioned the URI has a couple of GPIO output bits you can use. On the RPi2 you have the gpio command.  This could be called by a script/macro from Allstar.    'man gpio'   for details. The 'gpio' command allows the manipulation of any of the GPIO bits on the pi.

Un fortunately there is not a lot of "walk you through' docs on this. If you know Linux you will get it. If not then you will have a harder time.

I did a howto that shows how to use a very nice little board available at Adafruit that connects to usb and gives gpio 16 I/O bits as well as other configurations. Again this is fully callable from Allstar. I think someone else mentioned they had some code beyond my examples.

Remember whenever you are dealing with the GPIO, especially on the Pi, that it is 3.3 volts maximum and they have current limits. You can't drive anything power directly. You will need to build an interface circuit.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio