[arm-allstar] using BBB GPIO running asterisk v1.2.1

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jun 8 18:00:44 EST 2015

Hi Neil,

GPIO doesn't work at all in the BBB 1.2.1 release, due to Linux Kernel
limitations. That's one thing we're trying to fix for the 1.3, which is
waiting on me at this point....

73, David KB4FXC

On Mon, 8 Jun 2015, Neil k8it wrote:

> I am searching for a way to utilize the unassigned GPIO on a BBB
running Asterisk V1.2.1. I did find the howto on using the usb interface
card, but why do that as the BBB has plenty of gpio and we can buy break
out boards for the headers. However I do not have the desire to recompile
the code, so does anybody have any macro scripts to share that can toggle
the BBB GPIO in asterisk?