[arm-allstar] BBB node problems

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Jun 3 11:04:28 EST 2015

Ken,

 If it doesn't give the IP address then it is not getting one properly.

At the Linux prompt of the BBB do

ip a

You should see an eth0 IP address there. It should be a valid IP address in your routers range. At boot the system should DHCP an address from your router unless you set it to static.

As far as tones and connections are concerned it will not connect anywhere if it does not have a good internet connection. You should check that the tones are being decoded properly though. Go into the asterisk client -

asterisk -rvvv

then watch the screen as you key up and push each tone. The proper response should  be seen on the screen. You should not get any bounces (double or more characters with one press) and each should decode properly. If not you either have a level problem (check your levels with simpleusb-tune-menu) or an equalization problem.

Because you apparently had your original V1.0 system working properly there is no reason why this one should not do the same. Perhaps you set something wrong in the setup in the IP address? Did you use static or DHCP?
You also need to wait up to 10 minutes at boot for the database to update at both ends before you can connect out.

I would recommend running the setup again from the beginning if you cannot get anywhere. Run  firsttime.sh at the BBB prompt.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio