[arm-allstar] New HAM need help with DTMF

Sam Bonsett bonsett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:44:26 EST 2015

I'm trying to set up my Rasberry Pi 2 and my Kenwood V71-A radio.
I used the image 1.0 from this site.

Issue: When I punch in *342181 on my HT, nothing happens and I don't see
any echo or response from the asterisk cli.
So I am unable to connect to nodes from my HT.

Setup
Rasberry Pi 2
Kenwood V71-A
DMK Engineering URI USB
Cable was made by Marshall at URI Cables.com

Config settings from the wizard. ( i left out the entries I was sure of)
Some settings where selected based on this link.
http://www.allstarnode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19

Duplex Setting=0

USB:
Radio type: 5
rxboost=0 no
carrierfrom=usb no invert
ctcssfrom=no
txmixa=voice no
txmixb=no
invertptt=0
plfilter=yes
deemphasis=no
preemphasis=no
rxaudiodelay=0

rxmixerset=600
txmixaset=75
txmixbset=200

Everything else seems to work great but I just can't program using DTMF

Sam
km4ksr