[arm-allstar] documentation on inxlat & outxlat commands

Neil k8it k8it at cac.net
Sun Jul 26 19:58:36 EST 2015

in my quest to fully learn the allstar capabilities, does anyone have a link to documentation on inxlat and outxlat commands? I have read several lines for the examples in the rpt.conf file. what if you wanted to enable or disable translation? what if you wanted to translate say a  * 51 to a DTMF A for example. how would I do this if the A needs to go to the node as a remote command?  I also assume that local received radio audio would be subject to outxlat before the software processes it. of course if I need to issue a remote command first such as *4 and then turn on translation send a *51 which would mean an A can I do this and then turn off translation?
I would also like this translation to be node dependent assuming a two node raspberry pi system. I also assume that inxlat translates audio received by the internet and likewise can this be node dependent and be turned on and off?
Any thoughts?

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK