[arm-allstar] Incoming echolink connections failing

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Jul 19 11:21:24 EST 2015

Phil,

  There is nothing different in the Echolink code on the Pi or BBB any version. From the error it seems you might have a problem with the password. Echolink has three possible passwords - call, call-L, and call-R Each can have it own password or they could all be the same. Make absolutely sure your call and suffix match the password on file with echolink.

Echolink also has the ability to restrict -L and/or -R connections so if you use those suffixes some station may not be able to connect depending on their settings.
If you can't find the problem perhaps sending your config file minus the password might help. The only things you have to do to make echolink work is have the config file and port forwarding setup. Note however you can NOT have more than one echolink connection per public IP address. So the RPi2 has to be the only Echolink at you location in that case unless the other system is using a proxy.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio