[arm-allstar] GM300 URI Radio/Interface settings

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Jul 15 00:42:23 EST 2015

Steve,

 I have not personally interfaced that radio but I know others who have. When you program the radio I believe you have the option of using deemphasized or non deemphasized audio. How ever that is setup you would also need to enable or disable deemphasis in simpleusb.conf to match - conversely the same is true for transmit audio. The RPi2 also has a setting for preemphasis in simpleusb.conf.

It the settings in simpleusb.conf are not matched with the radio you will have crummy sounding audio and DTMF tones will not decode properly.

So the bottom line is you need to get the equalization and levels set correctly.  Levels on RX are set by item 2 in the simpleusb-tune-menu program and are also effected by the rxboost setting in simpleusb.conf. If the level is not attainable with any setting and it is high you may need to cut down the level coming in with a resistive divider.

Item 3 set the TX level.  RX and TX refer to the node radio, connected to the FOB, RX and TX.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio