[arm-allstar] Setting up allstar node on linux server

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Jul 13 16:38:38 EST 2015

I agree, although I will admit I am biased. The BBB and RPi2 installs are easy, less expensive, and having no moving parts in general more reliable than running on a PC. There is a place for PC installs but the majority of node and repeater users could benefit from using the small board computers.

Having everything on an SD card and no moving parts makes for easy backup. Once you have done it a few times you could have a node setup in 5 minutes or less from the time you first turn on the computer.

The RPi2 runs two radio nodes quite well.

You don't have to know Linux, although a little background would be helpful in administering your node.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio