[arm-allstar] RPi2 Wifi

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Jul 5 21:09:08 EST 2015

RPi2 version 1.0 does not support wifi, at least not as part of the package. The next update will support it in DHCP mode only. That is you will be able to switch back and forth between wired and wireless running DHCP.

An alternative I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to run wireless on either the BBB or RPi2 is to use a wired to wireless adapter like the IOGEAR GWU627 available on Amazon for $32 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-GWU627/dp/B004UAKCS6

Doing it this way greatly simplifies things. It requires no drivers or special configuration. The BBB or RPi2 thinks it is talking to a wired network, nothing needs to be changed when switching from wired to wireless. It uses WPS which gets it on the air in seconds with a WPS equipped router.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio