[arm-allstar] Baofeng 888 Allstar

Bill WD9EQD wd9eqd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:46:17 EST 2015

Doug,

Thanks for the great write-up and photos.

I now have my BF-888 on the air as a second node.

I used a USB cable (cut off the connectors) and wired it direct to

the radio board.   To make life easier, I decided to put the

resistors and capacitors at the DB25 end.  So far it seems to

be working fine.

I tried running the radio using the cigarette lighter adapter, but found

that this adapter gets extremely hot.  So hot that it will almost

blister you if you touch it.  At present, I'm using the battery with the

charging stand.  But I know that under heavy QSO's the charger cannot keep
up

with the battery discharge rate.

Bill

WD9EQD