[arm-allstar] Debugging port forwarding

Andrew Sylthe asylthe at kc9ona.com
Fri Feb 27 12:37:44 EST 2015

Yes, that command would need to be run from remote to your public IP set as
the target.  Like Doug stated in his email, UDP port scanning is prone to
report false positives.

nmap will report back "open" if the port is open, or if no response at all
is sent back due to the connectionless nature of UDP.  Ports filtered by a
firewall will report back "open" unfortunately.  However, if the tool
reports back "closed" then you at least know that the port isn't properly
forwarded to your node / device.