[arm-allstar] Time out timer and watchdog functions

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Feb 16 16:51:54 EST 2015

Tom,

 COS can be asserted with either an active high or low depending on the radio. If it is active high then you would set carrierfrom=usb  if low then you would set carrierfrom=usbinvert   in simpleusb.conf

All radios are different so you need to set it for your radio. It is best if it is active low -  stays at 5V without signal. There is a weak pullup on the cm1xx chip but even in this configuration noise can pull it down sometimes.

There is no easy answer to this especially if it is active high. In that case disconnecting a radio will most certainly cause a keyup as the line will float up high.

This usually happens to first time users who aren't aware of the problem. Usually you put a node on and leave it 24/7 with the radio and node active. If you have a need to turn off or disconnect the radio and your are leaving the BBB on just make sure you are disconnected from any other nodes.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio