[arm-allstar] dtmf macros for repeater control

Robert Conklin n4wgy.ham at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 21:54:39 EST 2015

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful and informative inputs, excellent stuff.

As reliable and agile as the AllStar system may for repeater control, there
is a multitude of legacy hardware based systems out there that are are
owned by municipalities and large repeater associations. These systems are
not going to be replaced anytime soon with more modern systems, regardless
of the validity of any argument that could be brought up to do so.

The reasons for this stodginess are fodder for much debate, perhaps in
another thread.

During that interim it would powerful to be able to propagate dtmf thru
allstar to control the behaviors of those legacy controllers. The agility
to work reliably alongside and with legacy repeater controllers would make
a real and present argument to eventually replace those older controllers
with these more reliable and agile tools.

Rob Conklin
*N4WGY* <http://qrz.com/db/N4WGY>