[arm-allstar] Playnews problem

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Dec 6 09:42:41 EST 2015

I don't understand what you are saying?  0.7 worked globally and 0.8 does not?
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 06:32:19 -0500
From: N1XBM at amsat.org
To: arm-allstar at hamvoip.org
Subject: [arm-allstar] Playnews problem

The playnews script has worked pretty flawless since I've had it. I decided last night since it was the night for the news to run to update to 0.8. I figured I'd do it AFTER the news ran.
Well with version 0.7 for whatever reason would not play globally. I connect the node that plays the news to my hub node that is connected to 4 other nodes. Nothing has changed on these nodes and this script has always worked well. The script runs on a RPI2. Using the image from hamvoip.
Just for the heck of it, I rebooted the "news server" node and my hub node. I can't understand why it's not working it just plays on local. I even called it manually and used "G" to indicate I wanted it global. What's strange I can pick up the handset and talk across all of my nodes, but the news will only play on my node locally.
Thank you.
N1XBM

Apparare Scientor

Paratus Communicare

Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086

Visit the BBB and RPi2 web page - http://hamvoip.org