[arm-allstar] Allstar Newbie

Robert Conklin n4wgy.ham at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:28:05 EST 2015

Hi Doug. I had pin 4 (9600 baud data output) of the FT-7800's rear 6 pin
mini-DIN connected to pin 7 (CTCSS detect) of the URIx. When I removed that
connection, everything worked fine.
The 9600 data out of the FT-7800 carries the CTCSS tone, my thought was
that the URIx could directly detect my CTCSS tone for optional use
while either/or utilizing the COR detect discreet signal. Am now
understanding that the URIx CTCSS detect is also looking for a discreet
signal which I was pulling it the wrong direction with the connection to
the FT-7800's 9600 data out. Feeling silly at my flawed logic, which is
overshadowed by my pleasure that it's all now working.

-Rob
N4WGY