[arm-allstar] ARRL/ARnewsline script change

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Aug 28 09:28:34 EST 2015

I have updated the ARN or ARRL playfile script at hamvoip.org. It now plays both ARN and ARRL news from the command line. The current file is playnews-0.5.tar.gz and the download is in the how-to's. Refresh your page if that name does not come up.

The syntax has changed so please read the readme file. To play ARN or ARRL news the command line would look like -

playnews ARRL 21:00 40000
or

playnews ARN 21:00 40000

with the actual play time in 24 hour local format and the 40000 replaced with the node you are playing it on. It gives 5 and 10 minute on air pre-warnings.

I use it here weekly. Let me know how it works for you but don't use it indiscriminately by playing on a connected network unless you have permission to do so.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio