[arm-allstar] Weather Report Doesn't Play on BBB

Jim Korenz n8pxw at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 14:12:18 EST 2015

Hi All,
   OK, here is the script I ended up with. It took 4 lines instead of 3, I had to add lame to convert the mp3 format and sox to get the bit rate.

wget -Owx1.mp3 http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cle/mp3/CLESAFNW4.mp3
lame --decode wx1.mp3 wx2.wav
sox wx2.wav -c 1 -b 16 -r 8000 wx.wav
asterisk -rx "rpt localplay 28674 /etc/asterisk/wx"
rm wx1.mp3
rm wx2.wav
rm wx.wav

    JimK  N8PXW