[arm-allstar] no audio from the weather alert scripts

Christopher Kovacs w0anm73 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:48:34 EST 2015

Hi LaRoy,

I have never seen this behavior before.

This value is defined in the wx_scripts.conf file (
*/usr/local/etc/wx/wx_scripts.conf*) as show below.

WXVOL="3"                           # Volume control to adjust ulaw
output file                                    # integer 1-10, were 10
is highest volume

This is set when running the *wx_config.sh*:

Script Configuration

   The scripts have already been configured. If you choose, you can change
   your weather configurations. this selection allows you to change the
   audio volume, weather units of measure (metric/us), and email (gmail)
   support.

Do you want to reconfigure the weather scripts ([n],y): ? y

Enter the volume setting for ulaw files [3] :3

The wx_scripts.conf file is sourced when executing the getWxAlert as
well as other wx scripts.  Try re-executing

the configuration script and select re-configure after stepping
through the other questions requesting to add Alert,

Reports, and  Forecast.

Send me the current copy of */usr/local/etc/wx/wx_scripts.conf* file
that you have on your system.  This script and

definitions are correct.  You are running the the RPi2 release, correct?

Thanks,

Chris,  w0anm