[arm-allstar] CW ID

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Apr 17 00:04:10 EST 2015

I guess I did not explain that well. duplex=0 | 1  would ID but only to the local connected radio so no one connected should hear it.  But there are all kinds of ways you can get ID on the Internet side with a repeater by not setting things up properly. Especially when you are using a simplex node into a repeater remotely. In that case the repeater output PL has to follow the input signal. Then you would not generally hear the ID unless the repeater ID'ed over the incoming signal.

I have to a agree though. IRLP is a PITA. Most IRLP reflector gestapo administrators will jump on you for the slightest infraction. That includes the reflector that was mentioned. But that being said you would not want a local ID going out to the connected nodes in any voip system.

So the facts are, you need ID on a local RF node to be legal, it does not go out to the Internet from Allstar, If someone is hearing it you probably have something misconfigured outside of Allstar or it is coming from another node.

I would suggest that you connect to another Allstar node and force your ID - *80 - and see if they hear it. If the IRLP guys would work with you on this then maybe they could test.

On the IRLP/Echolink connect issue. That is their issue not ours. Echolink is a part of the Allstar releases and it is often used incoming to Allstar and it is at times a useful tool.  There are also several IRLP to Allstar gateways that are used daily. The Alaska Morning net is an example. While not explicitly condoned they are tolerated and again useful. Officially they don't want us to connect but unless it is abused I doubt there will be anything done. The reasons I have heard is that echolink thinks we don't check well enough for non-amateur use and IRLP's moto is nothing but radio connections - no computer, phone, etc.  Now you know why Allstar rules!
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio