[arm-allstar] OpenVPN Autostart and VPN Provider

John wb5nfc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 08:56:32 EST 2015

I'm just getting back to unfinished ham radio projects after an extended
absence and I couldn't resist 'upgrading' to the new Pi. Thanks to everyone
involved for your continuing efforts to update and improve a great project!

The new Pi node is up and running - with weather scrips operational. My
current speedbump is restarting the OpenVPN connection automatically upon
reboot. I can do so from the command line, but that's a pain to remember
every time. I'm issuing the command: openvpn client.conf from the command
line. There's got to be a better way... ??

I'm on my second VPN provider after finding out the first did not provide
open ports. StongVPN is working for me, but is anyone else aware of a less
expensive alternative that works for cell phone data networks?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
John / WB5NFC