[arm-allstar] Configuration how-to update

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Oct 22 15:27:10 EST 2014

Due to feedback I added a paragraph in the configuration how-to on the web page about simpleusb configuration.
The automated script assumes it is just called 'usb' as a label and that conflicts with other documentation recommending that you tack your node number on like 'usb27225'  The problem with doing this is that if you run the node-config.sh script again it will change it back to just 'usb' and it would not match the manual change you made in simpleusb.conf

So I put a statement to that effect in the documentation. I expect in the next version we will continue to improve on the automated scripts and probably include simpleusb setup as well eliminating this problem but for now I wanted you to be aware of this potential gotcha. The label in rpt.conf and simpleusb.conf must match and it is suggested you just leave it at 'usb'

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio